Pages

▼

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Tuesday

 

Laura’s dermatologist prescribed Florouracil 5% for her face. She has to apply this skin eating stuff twice a day. As the days go by it has looked worse and worse. Laura is a redhead who has loved the sun all her life. This is chemotherapy to destroy precancerous lesions on the skin. She has a special hat to wear outside. This hurts me even to see her. I’ll be glad when it’s over.

Sigrid and Logan E. took Astrid's indoor cat to their place while Asti and Logan are out west. Sig couldn’t find the cat. She called Logan E. He came home to help her search. The cat was hiding in the couch. All’s well that ends well.


Sigrid with some of her pharmacy friends. She’s mentoring two first year students.
I bought some new tennis shoes. The brand is Topo. I wanted them but didn’t feel I deserved them. I can’t walk that far and my pace is slow. I resisted getting them even though they were on sale. I went back telling myself if they were still there I was getting them. They were and I am pleased. They really help my left knee not roll in. 

My friend Kay are going to eat tomorrow at Nana’s. It’s at Opella, AR about 35 minutes away. I hope they have catfish.

3 comments:

  1. Oh poor Laura, I hope the treatment helps as I know each little skin cancer is painful! Nice looking shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Laura--that looks painful! My dad had to do that several times for skin cancer. He was fair skinned and worked several summers in the forest service, fighting fires. Sun block wasn't a thing back then, unfortunately. Due to his experiences, I slather on sun protection every morning. You deserve those shoes and I'm happy they help! I only wear expensive walking shoes because we only get one set of feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! That face looks like she fell asleep in a tanning booth. Cool shoes; good for the stride. Those pharmacy kids are still smiling in the midst of student strife. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete