Yesterday, Laura bought this Razorback material off marketplace. It’s licensed. There were about 7 yards in the bundle. Amy Patsy paid for half. We went way into the country. It was a place with little houses in a row—connected. She had a shop in one of these. Each little space had 3 doors or more. It was quite a strange place. When we finally knocked on the correct door, she explained all the joining dwellers were her relations. She was a preacher, but outside her door I saw cigarette packages littering the ground. She was crippled. I am positive the litter did not belong to her. One of the doors, we knocked on had cats running around on a falling in porch. Cats, big and small, I saw at least a dozen. Don’t judge a book by its cover, inside her door, she had a room of fabric and a huge quilting machine. There were many hand pieced and machine quilted quilts. Her great granddaughter was running her machine. The inside of where she lived did not fit her surroundings. She could not control the life around her, I could see, but she just pushed on. She was surely past 80 years in age. Laura asked me to go because…she did not want to venture into a strange land alone. I say…be careful on marketplace. You have no idea who you’re talking to.
Yesterday when I walked I saw this tree, a Bradford Pear. To survive it grew around the woven wire fence. At the bottom the web was grown into the tree on one side and at the top it was embedded into the tree on the opposite side. This tree was pressed on both sides but continued to grow between the wires of the fence. I had never even noticed this tree. Many people we meet are suffering and we have no idea. Be kind.
Laura and I bought a bushel of sweet potatoes. We love them baked. Laura takes them in her lunch. Sweet potatoes are a superfood. They are packed with fiber, vitamins A and C, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. They contain antioxidants and will keep til spring in the box in a cool dark place. Try one♥️Larry’s mother made a good sweet potato pie! I like it better than pumpkin. š Ethel’s Sweet Pie š„§
I finished “Whistler” by Ann Patchett! It’s really a good book! The characters seem like real people. Kindness flows throughout this story. It’s makes one feel good about the world. Ann wrote “The Dutch House” and “Tom Lake” plus “ The Patron Saint of Liars.” Her books have an underlying theme. If you like action, they’re not for you. They each develop characters and look inside their physic. Whistler was slooooow. Just my speed.
If you wonder about the persimmon as a weather forecaster…I wrote about it once. I’m been here twenty years, rambling on about a little or nothing! Persimmon Forecast❄️❄️




4 comments:
Good that you went with Laura to pick up the fabric! I like sweet potatoes also, I bake them then mash them add some butter and a bit of brown sugar..yum! The kids had a black walnut tree on their new property but they had to cut it down because of the new sewer route to the street. I wonder if you ever use the walnuts?
I do like sweet potatoes in things but unfortunately, prefer regular potatoes. Darn it! That's good that you went with Laura; I'm always nervous to meet people to buy things and rarely do it. When I have, we generally meet at a public place although that wouldn't have worked in that case. I'm loving "Whistler" but as you mention, if people are into a strong plot or lots of action, the book isn't for them!
Well, the walnuts on my trees are small. Helen took a bucket once. They were too tiny. On the home place, the walnut are large and much easier to get the walnuts from the hull. Laura hates walnuts. They are related to poison Ivy. She’s allergic to poison Ivy. I have wondered if she has an allergy to walnuts. She won’t eat them so we’ll never know!
We had a chestnut tree that the squirrels absolutely went crazy over, but they kept trying to bury them in the yard. Lucky you to have so many sweet potatoes. I love sweet potatoes too.
Post a Comment