Sunday, February 12, 2012

Coming in April--I can't wait!





1940

U.S. Federal Census
Coming April 2, 2012










On April 2, 1940, there were 132,164,569 people living in America. And today, 87 percent of Americans can find a direct family link to one – or more – of them.

When the 1940 U.S. Federal Census is opened to the public this April, you’ll have a window into every one of those 132 million lives. Their names, where they lived, who shared their house, even where they were five years earlier.
And that’s just for starters.



6 comments:

Linda@VS said...

I'm with you on this one! I've been waiting for YEARS to see this census information. It's like genealogy p0rn.

patsy said...

we were at carrollton. mama, me Richard and daddy.

Galla Creek said...

Yes, Sister and Brother will be listed. I can't wait to see their names.

Sister--Helen said...

Me eithor...I am so excited espsince Pat is the only live one left

Sister--Helen said...

That means the youngest one listed would be 72...no wonder you are so excited it will be 95% dead people

Sister--Helen said...

hope you are still doing a 4 day school week so you can rest up