Monday, October 11, 2021

Sister Helen’s Country Spa

 

Well, I feel like I spent the weekend at Sister Helen’s Country spa.  Food was fabulous.  Walked over the acreage my Father sold in the late sixties.  Wonderful exercise.  Spiritual refilling came with Rev. Jerry Scitern’s message in the little Coin Church and walking through the forgotten  Black Oak Cemetery down near Dry Creek.  Jacob Shank’s old grave was adorned with Poke Berries.  I roamed the fields Dad plowed in the late 1940’s.  I picked my baby Brother’s head stone.  I know my people love me and I love them.   I want to try to focus on the good in the world and doing better tomorrow than I did today.





3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

The food does look delicious!!

Sister--Helen said...

Margie nothing was as good as the company lol

Far Side of Fifty said...

How wonderful that you could spend time with family!