Monday, December 6, 2021

Cloudy Morning Walk

Yesterday, I walked atop Mt. Nebo and had to feel my way through a soupy fog.  I could only see 20 feet or so in front of me.  I looked over sunset point and snapped a picture.  I compared it to one I took on a clear day.  Wow, what a difference.  It was supposed to rain last night but it missed us.  The River Valley is turning into a desert.  Galla Lake is going dry.  We did have wind last night and it blew some of my oak leaves toward the old garden spot and away from my back door.  I will mow, rake and burn again, but only half of the oak leaves have fallen from the big tree.  I’m going to wait a while to work on the mess.

Astrid has finished another semester and is only 2 semesters from being able to work as a nurse.  Ingrid finishes  this week and Friday she has a birthday.  She’ll be 20.  

Erin is bringing Ada next Saturday because Greta’s basketball games are at Benton, AR.  I’m pleased.  

I got up early and watched God make a morning from my perch on my back porch.  He created a lovely one.  I’m rejoicing in it.  


 

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

A beautiful scene...that's for sure!!

Donna. W said...

What a fabulous view you have from your back porch!