Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Right and Wrong

I think abortion is wrong. I have never had one. I don't spend
a lot of time lambasting those who think a woman has a right to
choose. Abortions will continue no matter what men think about
them.

I do believe the republicans like to get our minds on things
like a 'woman's right to an abortion' so they can change the
focus of issues that count for most of us day by day. How is
the right to an abortion going to affect most of us--not at
all. What the President thinks about abortion is not going
to help with the day to day issues that are choking us to
death.

If we really believe in any idea, it will show in our lives.
Looks to me like Palin believes in going forward with a
career. Her family issues have been left for her husband
to teach.

I also think it is a little ridiculous to say you value the
life of a child but then don't care if he starves to death
once he is on this earth. Don't care if he has food, clothing,
shelter. Once grown the same ones who shout no abortion are
often those who will send the young man to his death at 18
without a tear.

Right and wrong is not usually just black and white. I try
not to judge. But if I had a choice in my life, I would
chose for my young daughter to not be pregnant in the first
place. The best way to protect a child is to be present with
them. Then you know what is going on!

6 comments:

patsy said...

no to abortian.

Betty said...

You said a mouthfull!

Sister--Helen said...

we do have our strong openions

Unknown said...

I will send you a print out of Obama's healt plan - I think you have been given some wrong information on his plan.
It is my understanding that it will cost you much more to go with the McCain's plan.
I will do some investigating for you - I could well be wrong.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't believe in abortion either but I don't think it's my place to try to dictate that for others as long as it is the law.

Besides the strongest opponents of abortion always seem to be men.

Unless they are prepared to love, care for and support the child for 18 years, they shouldn't even have a voice in it.

clairz said...

I'm pretty sure that I forgot to share this with you, but I quoted part of what you said on my blog in a post called A Pretty Powerful Statement from Arkansas. It started quite a little controversy and made a long time reader stop reading which started yet another discussion.

I just wanted to thank you for this post and let you know that you have had a far greater influence than you might have realized.