Wednesday, November 14, 2012

ALMOST....COMPLETE

 Now, all I need is a new 5 by 7 of Greta and my shelf will be complete for 2012.  These are my kids school photos and I love them all!
 School days, School days
Good ole golden rule days.
Readin', writin' and arithmetic
No more days of a hickory stick!
I learned to spell arithmetic in the 2nd grade--age of Sigrid--by saying
A Red Indian Thought He Might Eat Tomatoes In Church!  No one taught it to me....I made it up myself--well, I think I did but I am really old!  
I also remember the Great Lakes by saying HOMES!  Figure it out!

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

A red indian...I also used...maybe you taught it to me....Homes was vew to me...Superior, Erie, Onterio, Huron , and Michigan...now let ma look it up to see and to see the spelling which I know is wrong...I will teach it to kenzie

Galla Creek said...

Old saying
You go girl!