Saturday, December 7, 2013

Land Of Ice

 We are buried in ice.  It was 19 this morning but I ventured out to take these photos and it felt warmer than it has for days.  The wind was calm and the sun bright.  I hope it gets to 32 today but it is not supposed to.  I am not getting a single egg.  Ice reminds me of another little word sin.  It looks beautiful and alluring but is deadly.  When your hands get really cold they feel hot.  I remember us gathering wood for the stove, Fleta, do you?  We would comb the hill and drag it to the house then break it up to use to keep us warm.  We are so dependent on companies and others today.  Society is easier controlled.  The news now is more like propaganda.  It is repeated and repeated until you are soaked with the same story.  This week it is the death of Nelson Mandela and the storm.  When our lights flickered and went out a second, I held my breath until they came back on.  Most folks don't have a land phone only a cell one.  Without power, we would be helpless within a day or two.  We are held in the hand of many and they can squeeze the life right from us .  Minds are poisoned and many folks can not even read and think for themselves.  I am glad I can read and make up my mind.  I can not even stand to watch the weather or news today as it goes pow, pow, pow.  Everything has to have punch. They get so excited about their presentation that it is all meaningless.



No comments: