Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Working Away

Larry is working on the living room.  I will bring Helen the couch. Planning on Friday, but will not get to Momma's until 12 or so. Yes, sorry Fleta, I am going to Momma's.  Will stop in Harrison and pick up Erin.  Will stop by Baileys and get Brother's headstone. Erin is bringing her camera.  I want lots of pictures of Momma's house before Helen gets it so spic and span that I don't recognize it.  Larry said the couch will work in the white truck.  He will tie it in.

Today my favorite psychologist had another great children's article.  It said that a lot the things our parents did worked.  And most parents today find them unacceptable and don't use them.  The practices of today's parents have created children that are self centered.  That goes completely against the teachings of a christian. We should think of others not always ourselves. 

You need to get down off your high horse!  That was one of the phrases.  Momma used it a lot.

Children should be seen not heard.  Momma did not say that but she said go outside and play.  Get out of here.  I sort of remember her with the broom sweeping us out so to speak.  But she did manipulate us a little as she would say we could not stay out playing until say 2 and that way we wanted to stay out there longer.

Because I said so.  Don't explain why, why, why.  It is just because I said so.  Children don't want to be in charge but they will try to get their way rather than do what you say.  


You are getting too big for your britches!  Momma said that one.

The guy's name is John Rosemond and I agree with him most of the time.

I hope I can remember to bring all the treasures I have been saving up for you guys....do hope I remember to bring you a melon!

No comments: