Thursday, February 11, 2021

Valentine Nails

Pop always got the grand girls and Laura and Erin a big box of candy on Valentine’s Day.  He bought for me too and always a special card.  Finally, I told him “Please,  no candy”.  The last time he drove was to get them candy.  He felt so bad he kept putting off going, but on February 13, he drove himself to the Dollar Store and bought candy.  

Siggie wanted her nails painted for Valentine’s Day and Ingrid did, too.  I sent Clayton and Greta money and Astrid, too. Ada got shoes that light up when she walks.   I wanted to do something for them for this special Day because Pop always did.  I think he liked to eat the candy.  I miss my valentine.


 

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

I don't send many cards, but I went in Dollar General and got one for my daughter and one for my sister.. and I saw one that was worded perfectly for my husband. He'll be surprised, because we don't do much for Valentine's Day. We really don't celebrate holidays at all, unless we're just using the holiday to justify eating out somewhere, and we are not eating out these days; I'm always disappointed when I eat out these days because it never tastes as good as what I'd make for us at home!