Monday, October 30, 2023

Pickin’ Walnuts

Today I picked up the walnuts from under my walnut trees.  I’d been picking them up in big buckets and dumping them, but the weekend rain knocked so many off I used the wheel barrel and it was full.  I dumped them in the pasture.  Squirrels come and carry them away.

My cousin Frankie sent me this picture of a walnut pie saying this is what I should do with the walnuts.

Growing up we picked up walnuts and sold them.  We put them in gunny sacks and Dad hauled them to the sellers but I don’t know if there is still a market for them.

I turned my heat on when I got up this morning.  It was 43 degrees.  I wanted to make it til November 1, but I didn’t want to freeze all day.
 

2 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We've been down in the teens to 30's most of the week. Have not turned on the heat but do have a fire in the fireplace!

Far Side of Fifty said...

We have had the heat on for awhile. I cannot be cold anymore or I really suffer with the RA. Yes I have heard that many people sell walnuts! Sounds like a good adventure for kids to make some cash...but I am sure the wildlife like the spot where you dump them!