Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Creeping Buttercup

Creeping Buttercup is blooming along with the Henpin!  Together they make a bouquet!  Creeping buttercup, Ranunculus repens, is also known as Crow’s foot and Restharrow.  It’s is a weed if you garden but in the Meadow a pretty little bloom.  Don’t try eating it as it’s poisonous.  It’s likes a wet soil and spreads by runners.

I’m going out to eat with my friend Kay today.  We’ve been friends over 50 years.  I don’t eat out often.  Once a week or even less.  It’s expensive.  Also, driving there takes gas and that expensive too.  I really enjoy going out to eat though.  If I went daily, it wouldn’t be as special I’m sure.  Sounds like I’m trying to convince myself?  I am.  I’m not a good cook, but I try to live within my means.  Today, we’re eating at Pasta Grill.  Kay is having lasagna. I’ll try to pick something I know I’ll be able to consume.  I know I want a side salad.  Often, if I pick something that I’m not familiar with I can’t eat it.  Now, meals are 25 bucks plus so I sure want to be able to eat what I order.

My friend Jonell sent me a new devotional.  The theme is being thankful and grateful.  I enjoy reading it and focusing on the good not the bad in my life.  I used to seek knowledge and wisdom in prayer.  Now, I know what I need is love.  Love takes care of all my ills. One can’t have too much love.


 

1 comment: