Thursday, March 21, 2024

Friends Arrive

Sigrid had two friends arrive to spend time with her at the beach.  I think it’s chilly there.

Latest book…”If Creek Don’t Rise” by Leah Weiss.  It’s a saga about an impoverished community in the Appalachia.  It’s written from the perspective of different characters like the book, Olive Kitteridge.  I enjoyed reading it.  

Growing up I had one bathing suit.  I bought it when I was a senior in high school.  It was a two piece.  The top was like the sports bras of today and the bottom covered my naval.  It was black with blue, and other colors.  It was heavy material.  When we got to go to “water”, it was the creek and it was too shallow to swim.  Plus there were snakes.  None of us learned to swim.  In 1969,   I took swimming at ATU.  I passed but still as a horrible swimmer.  I never got over my fear of water.  I made sure Laura and Erin learned to swim.  Sigrid grew up with a backyard pool.  She’s a good swimmer.  Better than her two sisters.  She was on swim teams until 12th grade.  



2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I had a two piece like you, pink top and flowered bottom yes it covered my navel too:)

Kay said...

Kay of Musings: Wow! What a gorgeous girl. Hmmm…. I’m past the age of being able to wear even a one piece suit. LOL!