Saturday, October 13, 2018

Another Season Ended

I took my hummingbird feeder down and cleaned it up for next year.  Larry and I were afraid the birds would not leave unless I removed their food source.  We continued to have a few birds at the feeder.   So now the feeder is hanging in the shop all clean and ready for next spring.

My devotional was about keeping ones thoughts and plans on good things and not letting oneself go in the other direction.  Junk thoughts were compared to junk food.  One can live on junk food but what a better life one has with a healthy diet.  My plan is to not fill my thoughts with "empty" doings today!

The man that came with brother Gary to take away our dead Ash tree for his fireplace died suddenly of a heart attack.  He was only 57.

I am working on an afghan for Astrid.   Laura found the pattern and it is an easy one.  It uses two strands of yarn at once making it heavier.
After I finish this one, I am going to try to make another out of Janet Poor's yarn that Helen gave me.   I don't have as much choice as to what color to use from it, but I still have a huge tub of that yarn.  I will make a baby blanket too for Erin and Greg's new baby.  There is quite a lot of baby yarn in the tub.

Our taxes are due and we will deposit the check in the County's drop box this weekend.  Mom always worried about paying taxes.  She would ask me each year, have you paid your taxes?  It was hard for my parents to pay the taxes on the farm each year.  Sometimes they even had to borrow the money for the taxes from the bank and pay it back in installments then it was time to pay them again.  Have you paid your taxes?

No comments: