Thursday, October 4, 2018

Fried Pies

I cooked some of my apples that My New Patsy let me in on!  Larry wanted fried pies.  Laura makes them.  I don't recall ever making fried pies but Larry says I have.  I cooked each side twice because Larry likes things done.  Well, I felt the crust was still doughy inside so I guess I need to roll them thinner.  It only takes a tablespoon of filling to each one.  Laura's are really good.  I could not even eat all the one I tried!  I am just not a very good cook anymore, but since it is Larry's favorite thing, I will try again.

Helen, did Momma ever make fried pies?   I don't think so but your memory is much better than mine!  She made cobbler a lot.  It was so good. 

When you are old and fat, the heat is really miserable.  I will be glad when it is cooler.  It says 85 degrees outside here, but to me it feels like 95.

Larry brother came and cut down the dead Ash tree that was just a little ways from our back porch.  We were afraid a storm would put one of the limbs through our roof. 
 Gary's friend, Mr. Weaver, is up in the tree. 
 This was the scary part--I prayed don't let it fall on the house.  It fell right where Gary had it planned to fall.
 Larry is in charge of clean-up, but Gary said he will come back with a friend that has a fireplace and they will cut a lot of it into fire wood.




5 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

lookin' good!

Anonymous said...

Gigi,

Your fried pies look delicious! ~Amy-Patsy

Galla Creek said...

they were almost inedible!

Sister--Helen said...

Your Fried Pies look horrible... No Mama never made Fried Pies but I used to a lot when my kids were small you got to have the grease just the right temperature so you don't burn it and it doesn't get too soggy I would say from the looks of them you didn't have enough grease in the pan and they were touching the bottom just my guess

moshrabbi121 said...

Spot on with this write-up, I actually think this website needs way more consideration. I’ll in all probability be once more to learn way more, thanks for that info. online gambling