Monday, November 4, 2019

2005 Hike With Astrid

 Yesterday, I was thinking about the day in November Astrid and I hiked all the way to where Galla Creek runs into Galla Lake.  It was a dry year and the Lake was almost empty.  We could walk along the side of the Lake.
 Astrid was only 5 and I was 55!  She took most of the photos except the ones of her.  Pop came to check on us before we returned home as he always worries about "what could happen".

 I carried a Powerade in my pocket for her.  This is Galla Creek back up the Hollow.
 We saw lots of driftwood and pretty colored leaves.


 Astrid has gone on to hike many trails and my trails get shorter and shorter.  My knees hurt a lot.
Pop coming to make sure we are safe--as always.

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

Cliff is a worrier too. I'm back to walking most days in the pasture... our own pasture... and he insists I take the cell phone with me because "you never know". I told him he's a helicopter husband and it hurt his feelings.