Saturday, November 30, 2019

Hope


Center of Hope

Folks are every where soliciting money for many causes.  I often make a donation to those red kettles.  I really don’t appreciate those that hassle you on the hi-way, and I don’t mean the ones standing near the exits.  I am talking about those with buckets one in each lane.  Last time they were collecting for a church is what their sign said.  I broke a wrist sometime in the past.  It healed and now the bones in my wrist have separated.  I really can’t use it for much.  Rolling down the window in the Chevy (our Chevy is 12 years old and windows come down the old fashioned way) is hard for me to do as it is my left arm that is about useless, plus I am not the best driver and don’t like seeing them in the middle of the road.  Well today I went to get corn for the chickens.  I just go to tractor supply and usually they don’t even offer to help load it.  I thought “I can do this with one arm”.  Well! The center of Hope was there under a little awning taking donations.  I told myself if one of those THREE large adult males offer to load the 50 pound sack of corn I will give them a nice donation.  They hit me up as I left with my corn in a cart so I responded “ no, thank you” and still thinking I’ll give to the center of Hope if they offer to come to my aid.  I lugged  the sack of corn into the cab of the  Chevy as the three men talked.  Do you think any of them offered to help me as I loaded my corn one armed?  No, they did not and I do not have much hope for their center of Hope really having the heart to help mankind.  I did make a donation to the red kettle at Hobby Lobby where a handicapped man sat in a wheel chair.  He did not ask but thanked me afterwards and smiled as he did.

Hope Ada is feeling better today.   Hope....

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

That is a tragic story! You would think one of the men would have helped you with that load.