Sunday, April 26, 2020

I Am Easily Disappointed In People

When we went to Kings’ River Falls, I recalled folks going to Kings’ River Bridge to swim.  I looked up a picture of it.  It does look like a nice place to coll off.

I am easily disappointed in folks I thought I admired, especially preachers.  I can’t call those who let me down ministers as they preach and don’t seem to minister.  Mostly, on FB they Copy and share what others have said not checking facts or how it reflects on the teachings of my Lord.  First, commandment is to love God and the next your neighbor.  They speak of love when on a religious subject and hate when they speak of anyone with a different view from theirs.  Lord, help me today to show love to these I feel like condemning so I will not be the hypocrite I despise.

Hypocrite—
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

I couldn't agree with you more! All Christians should be loving and accepting of all. I always try to ask myself "What would Jesus do?" That makes it easier to be kind to all.