Friday, April 17, 2020

Visiting Irene


Cousin Irene got several calls while we were there.  Family and friends check on her and chat.  It helps fill her days alone.
 Visiting day!  Laura took me to see my dear cousin Irene.  She lives near Ben Hur. She sat on her porch and we brought our own seats and sat in the yard.  I was happy to see she was using her butterfly shawl and warm hat.  It was a windy day, but we had a great reunion.  I had crocheted her another shawl and ordered her some dresses.  Laura sewed several masks for her.  Irene is the nicest person.  I wish I had found her long ago.  Her daughter came to be with us.  Jannifer Collins England is kin to  Laura twice.  Irene’s great great grandfather, George Gregory and Laura’s great great grandfather  Solon Gaddy were first cousin’s. Howard Collins, Jann’s Dad and Laura’s Grandmother, Ethel Renfroe were first cousins. As usual we left there a little sad, but richer than when we came.  Irene gave both Laura and I a sprig of her Yellow Rose of Texas bush and promises of more flowers next visit.




No comments: