Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Happy Birthday

 


Back in late May after the Sisters had gotten both virus shots and Helen  put a new tin roof on the home place, I asked my sisters if they would throw me and Brother Gilbert a birthday party.  Helen was all in.  I said I wanted steak.  We invited several and I told Chef Gilbert steaks would be too difficult.  He wanted my wish granted and bought steaks.  Helen cooked all the fixings and desserts.  Many of those who arrived bought extras—Stella Powell’s German chocolate cake, Sarah Powell’s banana pudding!   Jonell fixed Aunt Lois Rudd’s banana muffins.  Fleta supplied lemon aid  and water.  The home place was a big 3 bedroom house when we were growing up, but now it seems tiny.  We think about 25 celebrated a party for the old house, and birthdays of Gilbert and me.

I was born in the front bedroom of this old house.  The night I came my 10 year old brother Richard raced bare footed a mile across the bottoms and brought my Aunt Betty to stay with Mom while Dad went to fetch Doc McCurry.  She assisted my birth.  Daddy named me after her.  Her son Bob Knight attended my old age birthday party.  

Want to thank my brother and sisters and all those who celebrated with us.  God blessed that old house.






Helen gifted Gilbert this quilt with our embroidered names.  Half are gone.  This is an old quilt Mom made.  Used til thread bare.  Still her love shines.









1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

Looks like quite a party!!!!!