Thursday, September 1, 2022

Hat with a Skirt


 With all this grass mowing, even my huge hat isn’t protecting my neck from the sun like it should.  I have seen those professional lawn folks wear a hat with a skirt.

Rick Mahan, Larry’s cousin, had a great idea.  I knew he was an expert about mowing in the sun.  I recall how he used to haul his mower all over town mowing yards for those old widder women and now I’m one.  Just my luck cousin Rick retired to Florida.  I’m trying this out soon as I have to push mow the sides of my lane.  I’m not complaining just explaining.  I was too dumb to take a picture of this on my head.  I had an old bandana  like Rick said to try but it was once my Daddy’s.   I couldn’t bear to use it.  He kept it in his overalls and wiped that tobacco juice off his face with it.  

This is what I came up with but I don’t think I can patent it. 

3 comments:

happyone said...

If it worked it was a great idea. :)

Margie's Musings said...

That's clever!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like it should work well! I have a hat with a large rim and always wear a button up long sleeved shirt when I mow...and safety glasses!!