Saturday, September 17, 2022

Palking



Have you ever heard of plogging?  Plogging is a combination of jogging with picking up litter (merging the Swedish verbs plocka upp (pick up) and jogga (jog) gives the new Swedish verb plogga, from which the word plogging derives).  Well, my Sister Fleta is past her jogging age, but I guess what she does could be called palking.  She walks along her rural road daily and picks up litter by the road.  She hangs the trash, beer cans, and bottles on twigs and after a few days she totes a sack and picks it all up.  She hopes those tossing the litter will see their handiwork on the stems of bushes and be deterred.  That may not be working as the trash is non-ending.  So, I have made up a new word picking up and walking.  Sister goes palking everyday.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have seen some bottles on branches etc...new to me word:)