Saturday, April 29, 2023

Life is Moving on

Rooster is such a nice cat.  His Momma left him in the hen nest for Astrid.  She thought Asti needed a cat among all her other animals. I guess Momma cat was right.

I read these two fiction books last week. Mostly, it has rained and I am stuck inside.  Olive is a retired teacher in Maine.  She speaks her mind.  The books are really about not just her but others who live there. I enjoyed both books.  The second book extends to her life at 80 and moving to assisted living.  Elizabeth Strout is a well known author and I plan to read her Amgash series about Lucy Barton.  The story takes place in Amgash, Illinois and all four books center around this town. The first book is My Name is Lucy
Barton.  I have several books I’m reading now so I’m saving these until I have nothing to read.



1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you get some sunshine although reading on a rainy day is nice too:)