Saturday, April 15, 2023

Warm Day

At noon it was 82!  Humid and very warm.  I got out a little fan.  I try to not turn on the air until June.  I seldom make it but it’s a goal. Laura carried me to Dardanelle Park to walk.  This was the first time this year I did not take a jacket.  Coming home we used the air in Larry’s old Chevy.  Such a good feeling.  Astrid bought a pretty plant this week and I spied a bouquet of Bluets.  Spring is here.  I have rehomed  two big Black Snakes to the graveyard.  Yesterdays was waiting in the hen nest.  He was longer than me!  Life of a farmer girl!

I’m slow!  Everything takes me awhile.  I have to let it soak in.  Walking is the perfect way of moving for me because I want to see things. It gives me freedom. If I go anyway but afoot I get there too fast, and miss a thousand tiny joys along the wayside.


 

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I'm ready for bed. I spent lots of time packing up some of the winter clothes and hanging up the summer ones. Took the flannel sheets off the bed, washed them, and stored them for summer. Now tonight is going to get down to 39 degrees!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are so kind to rehome the ssnakes...I would not be so nice:) We would like some warm days!