Friday, September 29, 2023

Borrowed Shoes

I graduated from College in May of 1972.  I finished in December of 1971.  They didn’t have December graduation then.  I’m wearing Larry’s mothers shoes.  I wanted black heels.  Her foot was long and skinny and you can see these look funky on my feet.  I believe one way poor people can rise from poverty is through education.  The best degree is a licensed one.  Then no one can just walk off the street and be eligible for  your job.  I was at the bottom of the poverty scale.  If you want an education you can get one.  It’s takes commitment and sacrifice, but the benefits are worth it.   Glad my parents held the belief that their children could succeed.  Parent’s not believing that education is worthwhile or their child is not capable is the biggest hinderance to a child’s success.

Hope you didn’t just sit in your chair last night with eyes glued to the tv.  TheHarvest moon was so beautiful.  You can still go out tonight if you forgot.  It’s a super moon meaning it’s closer to the earth


 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Too cloudy and rainy here to see that moon! Glaf you got to see it! Yes education is the key:)

Donna. W said...

I got up at 3:30 this morning and it looked like we had a yard light, it was so bright.