Thursday, July 23, 2026

Cooler

I worked on my chicken coop off and on all day. I’ve got lots of the litter out of the house. I put big nails in the posts and hung my hoe and pick ax. I will get a basket at Dollar tree and hang my hornet spray can too. FYI if a rat snake invades your chicken nest, he will not quit. Every 4 to 7 days he will return for another meal. I’m going to add pine shavings to my house but I need to clean it more.

My weed whacker is on the blink. The pull cord broke. Laura ordered one and will try to install it. We are do it yourself people. I don’t pay others to do anything I can do myself. One of Larry’s saying was—a poor man has poor ways. The middle class is getting poorer. Gas is outrageous. Groceries are doubling in price. I really feel for the poor. I don’t see how they are making it. Surely, we will have a brighter day over the hill. I still have hope. But often it is dimmed by what I see on the news.

Ada writes letters. She wrote Sigrid and Sigrid wrote Ada in return. I know Ada was excited to get mail.
Volleyball had Adam Sandler Day. Greta is in the Hawaiian shirt. I don’t  even know who Adam Sandler is so I don’t know if she looks like him or not.
This is Astrid and one of her good nurse friends. This girl looks young, but she has children and is finishing her Nurse Practitioner degree.

 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you are cooler. Todays equipment like weed whackers are disposable...I have one that is battery powered, hope you get yours fixed. My husband says sometimes it costs more in parts than a new one costs....and he is a fixer. Groceries are about the same up here, meat is a little more expensive. I shop specials and have a good sized pantry so that helps.