Sigrid said the hike turned out like Astrid predicted—hot, lots of tick spray, and not much water flowing. Ada was thrilled that they returned to play in the pool with her.
That tiny stream of water was not a waterfall but a water drip.
Two sweethearts posed at the sweetheart tree.
When little best friend came yesterday, I sent Erin to the shoe store and she picked two pair of shoes for school. She and Greta enjoyed pool time with Sigrid. She was talking about her latest read—The Hobbit! Erin and she listen to the book, read the book and then if they can find a movie, watch it. My Sigrid is a blessing she played with Ada as one her age.
Notice Ada’s shoes each have a bracelet! I’m sure that’s why she chose them.
Ada is into church. She thought of games she and Sig could play. One was baptizing. It was a ritual with a backward dunk. She attends a Baptist Church. No sprinkling. Ada is still leery of water. When Sigrid was her age she swam with a team. By the time they climbed out of the pool, Ada was swimming under water and lots more at “ease”. Sigrid is a good teacher. Ada isn’t a good listenerđź¤
Ada is also focused on dying. Aunt Helen passed in October. Last week, a 90 year friend from church passed away. Their church served lunch to the family and friends. Erin took Pastor’s Cake. Ada said with seriousness that they could decorate the cake with a grave. Little minds and how they think make me smile!







2 comments:
What great looking shoes. I admire anyone who hikes in the heat...I hate walking to my garage!
Love the shoes but don't see the bracelet. Ada is a deep thinker. I'm not a strong swimmer but I'm hoping my grandsons are.
Post a Comment