Friday, September 4, 2026

Friday

I saw on FB my friend Syble’s family is having their annual reunion. Erin took me to it about 25 years ago. She took several photos of the attendees. The 9 siblings picture was taken that day. Syble is in the pink shirt. Bobby’s on the left rear in both photos. Bonnie and Betty Bernice are standing in front right. Taft is in the middle of the brothers. Taft is the eldest born in 1935. Bobby the youngest born in 1947. This family was a special one indeed.  Granny’s brother was their father. The five not pictured are greatly missed.

I am reading the true account of a black couples escape from slavery. She was the child of her mother’s master and her mother was at least 1/2 white. Her half sister owned her! From the pictures she appears to be Caucasian. They planned their escape around the rouge that she was his white master. She could not write so she carried her arm in a sling using that as an excuse to not sign her name. It’s a true account. I hope they make it out. 
Another book I read this week is Eve Plumb’s memoir. She played Jan Brady. It’s interesting but her life is really very sad. Her mother had her acting at a very young age. She started in commercials. Her childhood was abnormal to say the least. Her parents weren’t abusive or she hid that. Her mother was an alcoholic though. I kept thinking~~what a horrible life.
Ada has a new hairdo for school. She said her teacher would think it was obnoxious. With all her reading Erin has noticed she has a larger vocabulary! 
 

No comments: