Missouri Ironweed was the star of my walk this morning! Even it will be gone soon! It’s an aster, blooms late, and is a great late pollinator. It’s called iron weed because of its sturdy stalks and when the flowers start to fade they look like rusted iron. I saw on FB someone here had split open a persimmon and found a spoon. Get ready to shovel snow this winter.
Laura made apple butter in the crockpot with some of her apples.Asti and Logan are camping in Utah now at Antelope Island. Today she sent the bottom photo. I can see 3 buffalo! It’s near where Astrid’s Grandparents live~~Salt Lake. I’m proud they included time with them in their vaca. Mark is 79, I think.
A friend’s son from Carroll County shared this picture of a Coachwhip snake. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one. They’re really long and the end of the snake is more brown. It’s a slender snake. It gets its name from it looking like a buggy whip. They are harmless. I’d love to see one.
Laura also made the fall table runner for her coffee bar.







1 comment:
Utah is a beautiful state and now is definitely the time to visit. Summer is hot and winter can be cold and snowy. That's a pretty flower; I love the color!
Post a Comment