Saturday, October 3, 2026

Weekend

I’m making a set of cherries for Fleta’s friend at work. She wanted three. Two are small and one about 8 inches. Cherries this big seen strange but I’m making them. They look like apples to me. Oh, well. I didn’t have a pattern. I just found a picture of a cherry and used my imagination.
Fleta walks too. Well, when she feels she can. Many days she’s tired. She gets up at 3:30 every week day to go to work. She leaves her house at 4:30. Starts at 5:00. She does stuff on the computer for Tyson’s. Her work has to do with reports on chicken they sell to Panda, Wendy’s and Burger King. It’s in excel  I think. She walked down the road one day this week and this guy was crossing. She graciously let him go first. When we were kids we walked down this road to get our mail for our mother. If our sis Helen was with us she might grab this creature by the tail. Once Fleta and I threw rocks at a stunk we met along the road. We really had no idea how made we smelled until we arrived home with the mail. Momma was not happy. 
Astrid shared some pictures of the 7 arches they saw on their hike. This one is the longest.

Kay and my professor’s big day is October 17th. She’s invited us to be her guests at her table. She’s being inducted into the ATU Hall of Fame. She’s 90 years old. She doesn’t have many family members to include. No children. Kay thought we should give gifts. Kay painted this bear. It’s a pastel. I think that’s chalk. Dr. Gordon takes pictures. She admires Ancil Adams. I ordered her a book of 100 color images. He’s famous for black and white so I guessed she wouldn’t have the colored ones. She has some of his prints. Well, now Kay has decided the gifts will be distracting and we have to figure out how to give them to her but not during the big deal. Since Kay thought of the gifts, I letting her figure out how we’ll present them.

 

No comments: