Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What We Are Up To

 Larry sold a Cub today to this man--Loyd Freeman.  Larry really did not want to part with one, but Mr. Freeman is 82 and his wife died and he wants to make a garden like he used to.  Mr. Freeman's great great great great grandmother was Mary Elizabeth Gaddy, George Ellis' sister.  So we were some kind of cousins.   Larry sold him cultivators because you have to have them to plow a garden.
 Larry used the disk on all the gardens the other day.
 Cora treed a squirrel this afternoon down by the pond.  We did not shoot it as we hardly have any squirrels.
 These two plants were given to me by old ladies when Larry went to their house to check out Cub tractors. The pansy looking flower I got a week ago up hiway 7 above Dover.

Fleta gave me this and it is mint I think I noticed it is holding on.
 I am about to decide to just quit feeding my birds as you can see what has happened and I am not Warren Buffett.

7 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

They say you can't kill mint...I guess I will see. I like having it...I love to smash it in a glass of tea....

Galla Creek said...

I will try that.

Galla Creek said...

I will try it in tea not try to kill it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I don't think there is any way you can kill mint....mine has come back for ever and everything else has been choked out by my ground cover

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.