Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hoe, Hoe, Hoe!

 Yesterday, I hoe, hoe, hoed.  Above is the Texas Navy soup beans.  Below three squash plants.  My potatoes were covered with those bugs and I sprayed them with seven.  My lettuce is rotting but I enjoyed what we got from it.  I was going to spray the cabbage today but we are getting a lot of rain.

While I hoed all day, Larry mowed all day.  We were both glad to get it done before all this rain came.

This is my Kentucky Wonder Pole beans.  I hoed them out yesterday.  I am wondering what I can stake them with.  Pole green beans will make for much longer than the bush type and even taste better.
 I only have one sweet potato alive.  I called and they are sending more I am more than a little discouraged.  You can see my tomatoes.  Soon, we will put up the fence pieces to stake them.  You can't see but most of the end row has died.  I think it was the weird weather.  I will get some to replace them. I have about 6 dead. I want to buy Roma plants.  Several of my peppers died too.  I am a novice gardener, but I hope I get smarter and better.
 Larry's corn and pea patch are both growing.   If you can get corn up almost knee high...a few weeds do not hinder the production of corn.  Hope we continue to get a little rain off and on.
 Larry's watermelons and cantaloupes are not up, but will be soon.
This is the only rose I have.  It does have buds.  Larry built me a bed around it.  I planted Cannas on the other side of the tree.

No comments: