Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Sunshine

 I made this lemon pound cake for Patsy's birthday.  When I told her I was baking it, she was not impressed as she would not be having it with her coffee.  I read in the paper that the bulb flowers have done really well this year because of the cool weather.  My irises are prettier than usual.  Erin said hers bloomed in March.

Astrid is playing her last soccer game of the season today.  I hope they win. Sigrid's swimming will start soon.  Sigrid is the best swimmer of the three girls.  The other two swim well too.  Erin and Laura say I used the city pool as a baby sitter when they were young.  I would take them there and leave them with a few dollars and they swam all afternoon.  Well, at least several hours.  Today, I would feel I had to stay and make sure they were safe.  Age has changed me and the times have changed.

I am rereading The Onion Field.  The blond killer was Greg Powell from Michigan.  I am sure I have read it but I am reading it again.   I read the bio of the track coach at U of A and a book about Maya Angelou and her mother.

It is still cool today.  I think it will go from this to very hot in a week or so.  Maybe we will have a week of spring.  My potatoes, cabbage and lettuce and onions look really good.  They like the cool weather.  I have a big patch of Johnson grass in the middle of my garden.  I hope I can work on it this week.  You have to dig it out.  Pulling will not work.  The green breaks off and more come back where before there was only one sprig.




No comments: