Thursday, May 9, 2013

Turning Into Your Mother!

Erin baked this for one of the nurses at Harrison Hospice.  She and Laura are good cooks and used to always go by recipes.  I did too once!  I now I am just a puter in!  I think oh, maybe put this in and about this much.  Yesterday, I made some muffins...had to put 'em in the chicken feed bucket.  They were burned on the outside and nasty gooey inside.  I think it was because I thought "oh, I will put in the buttermilk as I need to use it before I have to throw it away."  Erin may someday be a puter in too!  When I went on the hike with Laura and the girls.  She had the best healthy cookies...I said what recipe did you use.  Red said, "oh, I just put in this and that".  Life is a gamble and so is a recipe when you turn into your Mother and become a puter in!  My mother was a puter in and I am glad to be one!

6 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

I think we are all Puter Ins like Mama...Sometimes it works out really well...other times not so much...That is what you get with puter ins

Erin said...

I follow the recipe... That's what it's for

Galla Creek said...

I knew Erin was not a puter in (guess I spelled to be like in golf...omg...I am too dumb)but I think I may live to see the day when Erin will be a puter in!

patsy said...

mama wasn't a puter in er cause she never had any thing extra to put in.

Erin said...

baking is a SCIENCE... you can't just put in because it will vary the outcome too much... ie hard biscuits, soft biscuits, or scones. you have to be precise and accurate each time. when cooking you can just put in... i wonder if this is like puting out ?

Galla Creek said...

Erin, I always hated science.