Thursday, August 1, 2013

New Chickens and Garden Passes

Erin called and I get to go to Harrison and watch Clayton and Greta next Tuesday.  I will get up early and try to be there by 9....then leave at 5:00 when she gets off work.  
 I got my 5 sex linked chickens yesterday.  He did not know what kind they were.  The dark red hen below is a sex linked that Patsy gave me a long time ago.  She is still laying.  These new 5 are 7 months old so they
will be laying soon. I saw he was giving them chops and layers need laying pellets.  The nurse at school gave me 6 or 7 sex linked ones 2 years ago, well maybe 3 years.  I still have 2 of them.

 Here are two of my new chickens and one of my Welsummer Banties that Larry bought me.  I think I have 8 or 9 of them, pullets last year.   All my other chickens are old.  Chickens are like children they don't like new folks moving in.   In a few days, they will all be one flock.  I am glad Fleta's two are changing schools at the first of the year.  They really will not be new...everyone will be new.  In 6th grade often when I kid moved in, no one befriended them expect the kids with lots of troubles.  Never could understand that behavior but that is the way it is.
 Above you can see when I cut a pod of okra I cut the branch below the pod.  That is why all the limbs are on the ground.  Below is my pink moss.

 Above is a peek at my tomatoes this morning.  I could have picked these but am trying to wait every two days to pick.  I am making tomato juice out of the bucket I had picked.  Larry loves it and I have a colander so it is easy to do.
 I will not raise pumpkins again.  They are predators, just like snakes.  They are over in my green beans and growing over my sweet potatoes to my tomatoes.  I hope I grow some pumpkins because I don't plan on doing it again.
 I trimmed the Fleta mint but it looks sad.
 This is the lily in my side garden.  It bloomed again and now it droops.  I bet it is call Droopy Lily.
 The Naked Ladies are dancing!

No comments: