Monday, August 4, 2014

Tired of Green Beans

I am tired of fixing green beans.  The last ones I picked Larry fixed and I put them in the freezer.  I saw yesterday that I needed to pick again.  I told Laura I wasn't going to mess with them.

Well, I am a little "tight"....all my sisters know about it.  I went to Kroger Sunday morning to buy my week's groceries.  There a small sack of green beans were 5.99 cents!  They were small ones, but I thought "I have gold on those vines".  Today I picked them and snipped them and will cook them for tonight with lots of bacon grease.    

And, if they make more I will get out there and pick them again!

2 comments:

patsy said...

i found this green bean- garlic pickle with red pepper done in quart jars made a good looking jar.

Donna. W said...

I have had all the green beans I want for now. I don't have the baby this week, so I plan to get out there and put in about a six-foot row, hoping there will be beans before frost. I pulled up two small rows of beans that were past the eating stage. I don't need to can any, and I didn't need any for today's meal. Next year I won't plant so many at a time.