Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Dreams Of My Grandpa

Larry has been hankering to move this tractor shed.  He had put it in a place that was pretty low and it stayed wet until June.  Also, where it is low there are lots of grass and weeds.  Larry said he remembers his Grandpa moving a freestanding garage from where the Nuclear Plant is today all the way to London, AR which I guess would be about 5 miles.  Grandpa rigged the boards across the bed of his pickup truck and one across the front bumper.  His truck was inside the garage with the boards holding it to the truck.  Uncle Walter drove in front--swearing, "Daddy, this will never work!" and Larry followed behind--"thinking I bet it works!" And it did.  Grandpa got the garage to London and parked it where he wanted it by his little white house.

So Larry has been remembering how Grandpa Renfroe moved that garage and today he did the same with his tractor shed.  He is moving it to higher ground.  Laura and Erin will both be saying "yes, my Daddy can do anything"!   And...I think I agree.