Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Tony Poor 1961-2018

I lost my little nephew today.  He was laughter and joy.  He was goodness and fun.  Only 57, and he is gone from us.  To me he is still a little boy.  Frozen in time.   This is what I think he would say to his family today--
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
Mary Elizabeth Frye

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

What a great poem!.

Anonymous said...

My Deepest Sympathy ~Amy-Patsy

Linda@VS said...

Oh, Betty, such sad news. i'd like to think Patsy and Janet have already held Tony in their arms and are showing him around on their side of the Pearly Gates. Condolences and much love to all of you.