Sunday, July 7, 2024

Walking

Happy Birthday to Donna Wood.  She said on her blog she’s 80 today.  Sister Patsy read Donna’s blog and Margie’s too.  Plus many more.  I followed several.  Patsy passed in 2014 and many of those her blog friends have followed her.  I’m glad Donna and Margie still record what they are up to.  I feel I know them well.
I am enjoying the last vine ripe tomato Helen gifted me.
 
I walked in the Meadow this morning as Astrid and Laura climbed a mountain and that leaves me out. Saw a new study that said folks that exercise are 33% less likely to get dementia or Alzheimer’s!   Lowering dementia risk

You might think of exercise as something that can benefit your heart, lungs and muscles — and it can. However, it’s also great for your brain and cognitive health.

In fact, one study conducted on nearly 650,000 veterans who implemented an exercise treadmill test as part of their routine care showed 33 percent lower risk of Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders later in life.

Laura made chicken teriyaki from some of the chicken Fleta gifted her.  Fleta’s little Hannah has her first job at McDonald’s.  Starts a week from today.  First job is so exciting and a little frightening too.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good looking tomatoes! So you are Patsy's sister...I have wondered...I used to read her blog....I have wondered about her and the friend she spoke of Cloudy.

Donna. W said...

I have a feeling all of Patsy's sisters would be willing to tell anyone what is on their mind without apologizing, if asked. You can trust people like that, even if sometimes you don't agree. I laugh when remembering Patsy was a solid Democrat, but when it came down to it she said she didn't vote.