Saturday, September 14, 2024

Muhly Grass

This is pink Muhly grass.  It’s beautiful.  You’ll see a clump growing like a pink bouquet! Muhly grass is named for Gotthif Henry Ernest Mühlenberg (1753-1815), who was the pastor of the Trinity Lutheran Church in Lancaster, Pa., and an avid amateur botanist. Plant people throughout history have let their interest in plants turn to passion and their passion turn to obsession. Herr Mühlenberg seems to be one of those people and in my old age I am too.  When I see a flower in the weeds, it sets off a flurry of thoughts.  I’m wondering what it’s called, where it came from, what’s its uses.  I’m weird.

I mowed yesterday.  I’ve had a bad August.  I spent half the month broke out in hives.  Dr. Said it was likely a combination of causes— mowing 2 hours in 100 plus heat, grass blowing all over me, and Bible study teacher telling me how stupid I was for believing in women’s rights and voting how I choose.  He knew what was best for all especially women.  So I spent almost 3 weeks scratching.  I am mowing again.  That Bible study is over for me.  Some things I don’t have to do.  

My lawn mower during all this would not start.  Grass was just sitting still from no rain.  Logan was working in North AR on Razorback Stadium staying with other Grandparents up there.  I called where I bought it.  They picked it up free.  I told them to get it ready for next year.  I got a new battery, new blades—it has 3, and all the regular stuff too.  Cost was 639.21.  I’m back in business again and just in time because Francine brought us a little rain and my grass needed to be cut.  I did half and will mow the front today.  It cut like when it was new.  🥰☺️🥰


 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you are all over the hives, they sound nasty. Happy mowing again...it still looks green there. I wouldn't go back to that Bible Study either.

DrumMajor said...

That pink grass looks like spider webs. Be careful out there. Try mowing early morning. Linda in Kansas