Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Sprinkled

Last night it sprinkled!  Not much but it’ll help the meadow grasses survive!  I walked to Pop’s Pond!  It’s way low!  My neighbors were busy eating breakfast and didn’t come over to say hello!

The sprinkle made me think of being baptized.  Some believe you can just sprinkle others think immersion is what it should be. Lutherans, Anglicans, Presbyterians, and Congregationalists baptize by sprinkling.  Baptists and many non-denominational Christians teach immersion only is valid.  Since it’s letting all know one is a Christian I think either would suffice as it denotes a covenant.  I think of it like this— a covenant is drawn up between two people, does it matter what paper it's written on? 



 

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

In my opinion as long as baptism is done in the name of of Father, Son and Holy Ghost...if it is done by sprinkling or in a lake...you are a child of God. You have some nice company in your walk...you need treats!

DrumMajor said...

Pop's Pond: sounds like some history there! Pretty horses for a morning walk; apples for treats? Linda in Kansas