Thursday, September 26, 2024

Reading this Week

 

What I’m reading this week! So thankful my Green Forest Elementary teachers lit a candle in my soul for reading!  Bessie Minick Atchley is my reading angel💙

Up In the Air is so good!  Sister Fleta found it at the junk store for a buck!  Betty Evans was one of the first airline stewardesses for Pan Am.  It’s so interesting!  They flew young American men to Vietnam for one thing.  She was stationed in San Francisco and flew the  Pacific mostly!  I loved it! 

Ozarks Plants is about trees, shrubs, Wildflowers, and grasses of the Ozarks Mountains of Arkansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma.  Read it once, but going to read it again!

Wanted: Toddler’s Personal Assistant is a memoir of a nanny working in Manhattan.  I’ve just started it.

I feel blessed, happy, entertained and content when I have a good book to take me places!


 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I need to finish my book club read Soldier Heart by Gary Paulsen he also wrote Hatchet which I really enjoyed. I have many more books in this house than I will ever read! My friend Susie gave me two books yesterday!