Friday, July 24, 2026

Murry’s Dinner Theater

Eric and Laura traveled to our Capitol yesterday. They visited Sam’s, Costco, and Barnes and Nobles. Laura bought a new coffee pot. She picked me up a box of raisins. I like to add raisins to cookies and my oatmeal. I have some but they are old. The purpose of their Little Rock trip was to go to Murray’s Dinner Theater. The performance was “Foot Loose”.  Ike Murry founded the theater in 1967. He was the attorney general of Arkansas. Tickets were $7. The first show was “Bus Stop”.  Laura said the tickets were only $45.00. 

I fixed a Dollar tree basket on a nail to hold my hornet spray. I want to keep it handy I have to watch for wasp nests in the dark chicken house. I’ve been stung 3 times this summer. My coop cleaning is advancing.  I’m getting the pen looking much better.
This is my grandfather’s farm near Coin, AR. My Grandparents lived near a community called Sunny Lane. Grandpa built this house in 1927 after a tornado destroyed their home. They lived in the chicken house while he built the house. He did fix the chicken house up some. Dad said he made bunk bed platforms for them sleep on. My Aunt Winnie painted this picture from an aerial photograph. A company flew over homes took pictures and then sold them to owners or they took orders and then took the pictures. My Grandparents bought a photo. Their daughter painted this by looking at the aerial view. My cousin Winnie has had the picture over 50 years. She passed away recently. She was 84. Her family wants me to have the picture. It’s on its way. I’ll receive it next week. I’d like to gift it to the person who lives in this house now. He knows about it and would love to have it hanging inside the house in the picture. The house is different now. It’s been remodeled several times. My father grew up on this farm. History…
 

No comments: