Got Lil Red to come and tighten up my clothes line! It’s ready to dry some sheets and towels now! I noticed the meadow grass was “belly deep” to the donkeys! They have shed their rough coats and are beautifully slick!
“Don't be a blockhead standing in belly deep grass while crying for grain. Look around there's so much to be grateful for." Old Folk Proverb
Kenny, our youngest donkey is going to new owners. He may move to Ohio to a farm that children visit. He likes people and would love children petting him. Logan and Astrid will try to find the best new home for him. Since they own his sisters the Meadow can’t be his forever home.
I’m not a good driver. I hit my mailbox with my Kubota buggy. Logan and Astrid will put it back on the post for me. I will turn around and then pull up to the box from now on. I just bumped the edge but it makes me ashamed that I’m not better at navigating. Most of my blogger friends from 20 years ago aren’t blogging any more. Some have passed—about 10 really. Some just quit. We run out of things to talk about. My friend Donna has dementia. It became hard to blog and remember how to publish. She can still sing and wrote many of the songs she sings. She goes to TWO churches each Sunday. Her husband takes her. Donna never learned to drive. She goes to one and then walks to the second. He picks her up from there. Donna sings specials at both churches. Donna is so smart. She is a great writer. She loves children, animals, flowers, gardening, family and our Lord. My longest blogging friend now is Connie. She’s from the north country. Some of her ancestors came from Finland. I hope she doesn’t go silent. I only follow two others now. One is from Washington state. A retired teacher and a widow. She has two daughters like me. The other blog I read is a native of Hawaii and also a retired teacher. I get tired of posting to this blog but I’m trying to keep pushing on. I don’t try to entertain. It’s just a footprint of me—a record for my family. I make lots of mistakes and as I get older they’re more frequent and obvious. More misspelled words and incomplete sentences.
Hope you have a good weekend and have a book to read.





1 comment:
Poor Kenny has to go to a new home...but it is for the best! That is some nice looking tall pasture! I am so glad you continue blogging. Some days I feel like I don't have much to say either...so I just babble away. I never worry about punctuation or run on sentences...I am too old to re learn some proper English skills.
Post a Comment