Tuesday, August 4, 2026

August 4

Well, memories can make you smile and cry! Yesterday my FB memory was my Sisters coming to see me a year ago. Then almost a year later Fleta came alone. It was Helen’s last visit here! Sad memory, but I recalled all the fun we had! Helen always brought lots of food for us because she knew I hated to cook and my meals were the pits.

I got my big yard mowed yesterday. Lessons from Logan!! I didn’t start mowing or working much in the yard until I was 69 years old! I certainly never bought diesel in big containers and hauled it home! Well, after my Farmer Gigi life started, I have to do things I’ve never done before! I just went to Walmart to get my diesel. Logan said, “Gigi, go to the Hob Nob and get off road”. I’m ignorant! Today I did just what Logan said! Closer station, cheaper price! And I support Larry’s old friend Mark Fletcher!

Logan also told me to not mow throwing grass on my gravel lane. Seeds make more grass! Who’d even thought about that! I’m still learning everyday and I’m heading down the life road toward 80!

Loretta is getting cuter everyday. She’s a little sweetie, too.

I will go lift weights and bike ride at the gym today and then I’m going to Aldi’s for milk. Tomorrow, I see  Dr. Rasool about my racing heart.

One of my College professors is getting inducted into the ATU Hall of Fame. She’s asked my friend Kay and I to sit at her table at the banquet. I feel honored. She’s 89 and has few family members to ask to join her in the celebration. 

 

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Be sure and tell your doc how your heart goes racing around errands and mowing. Linda in Kansas

Anonymous said...

Linda, my heart never races during exercise! I’m always sitting at rest? Wonder what that means? Never at night either…that I know of! Betty