Ada and Laura had “meet your teacher” night. Ada is wearing the dress Laura made her. If Erin will let her, she always chooses a skirt or dress to wear. She’s the opposite of Greta at that age. Erin bought her skorts last year. I hope they’re still in style. Ada’s teacher has been at it 7 years. Praying she has patience and structure. Children need structure to learn, not freedom is my belief.
Laura said she had some parents come by. She gets to leave at noon today because of staying late last evening.
Eric gave Frodo a bath. Doesn’t look like he’s enjoying it.
Yesterday, I went to the Nursing Home to visit my friend Mary. She’s in comfort care. She and her husband worked hard all their lives. She’s having to pay 232$ a day to stay there. She said that’s where their labor has gone. She said —“spend your money. Why am I still here?” I paid to have her dna done and have built a tree for her. Each time I visit, I’m going to print one of her family lines and tell her about what I found about them. Yesterday, we talked about her surname family. Next week she asked that I tell her about her mother’s family—the Curtis line. I plan to go each week until she passes. Her mind is still sharp at 96. Living is hard, dying is easy.







3 comments:
Ada is sure cute I like her boots! Frodo thought he smelled better before a bath! I am so sorry about the loss of a relative/friend. I am not so sure dying is easy...My Mother in law and my Mother struggled for days with no food or water and it is not fun to watch. $232 a day sounds pretty good as Nursing Homes go...up here it is about double that. Nice that you got rain. Rain missed us this morning some places nearby got rain with hail.
I love Ada's dress! John's youngest granddaughter is always in dresses too and loves princess costumes. I too believe that children (and adults) need structure, yet also room for creativity. It's a tough balance. You are the chicken shepherd indeed! Although I want your rain, I'm not game for that heat. Ugh! I love what you're doing with the genealogy and that nursing home price is actually reasonable. (for my area, it's cheap!) I'm so sorry about your friend; she wasn't even 70. :(
Yes, I know dying that’s draw out is horrible. I just meant when it’s over it’s easy.
Helen refused oxygen until she passed.i couldn’t do that.
Post a Comment