Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chicken Mania

You can see how I have junked up the edge of my pen
trying to discourage whatever varmit is hungry for chicken.
We have a meaner dog out now. Last night the chicken thief
had no luck. I could see where he had dug at the front of the
pen trying to get in. I have had to work on the back of the pen.
He had picked and pulled at it until I had chickens out 2 days in
a row. I think this is a coon or a coyote trying to get my hens.
I doubt he will give up. I will have to keep a close watch.

3 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

George has a cord of 6 foot cedar posts. Want to buy some to go around the bottom of your pen??

Galla Creek said...

There are some here...but not by the pen. We have a lot of cedar and some posts. I need some around the back side.

patsy said...

coon!