Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sisters

I got the nicest email today. Well, it should have went to
Fleta, but her email bounced so I got it. I am going to
copy it here, but not put her email address... Hope all the
Sisters will read it.

Hello, I sent this to the email I found listed for Fleta and
it keeps coming back. Would you mind forwarding it to
her correct one.
Many thanks!

Fleta, I just wanted to say that I found your poem
'Sister's Gone' and was so touched and blessed. I also
was directed to your story about your sister Debbie.
That was such a beautiful story. You were truly blessed to
have had the opportunity to grow up with Debbie and
love her. I too have lost a sister. My sister Lyndie was
murdered over Memorial Day weekend in 1983. I am
the 7th girl in a family of 10 children; 8 girls and
2 boys. Lyndie was 6 years older then me and killed at
38 years old.
Yes, one does finally get 'through' it, but as you know,
one never gets over it. I sent your poem and story to
my other sisters and they all loved it too. Very special.
I'll have to dig up the poem I wrote about our Lyndie and
email it to you. By the way, my younger sister is Deborah
(Deb) also.
Thanks again for a beautiful 'visual' poem of what it's like
when your sister is gone.
Blessings, Evie

2 comments:

patsy said...

that is nice.

Erin said...

it's high time you posted something else.