Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Daddy Was A Dreamer

My Daddy was a dreamer.  He always had hope for another day.  He was not brought down easily.  This is his 'new barn'.  I recall the building.  I was in the 4th grade.  New things all age and get old and rotten.  Daddy's new barn brought him down fast.  Price of milk fell.  Mortgage on the Holsteins and barn still came due.  Milk check would not even pay for the cow feed.   I still hate cows to this day.  Never wanted any.  I love chickens but cows I hate.  I remember adding water to the milk cans trying to fetch a few more pennies.  
Dreams and men are broken!  Daddy spring from all this a better man.  His new dreams were of retirement and the little government check he would get.  He got that 10 year vacation.  He did not look back and worry about the past.   I recall he always said it was a waste.  Look forward and dream of a new barn!  Spring is coming and flowers will just pop up to cheer us!

No comments: