Saturday, October 14, 2017

Advice to Sister

 Helen is watching over Sister closely!  I told her today that Fleta has a choice--live or die!  I think of my friend (just internet not face to face friends) Margie.  She lost her husband when she was much older than Fleta.  She chose life!  I am amazed at all she does.  She even had to give up her long time home and move to a duplex!  If she had gotten to choose, she would have preferred to have her Bob with her longer.  But we are not in charge.  We are just in the movie!  Make yourself a star role, Sister.   You are just a pebble, but when tossed into the water a small pebble makes a lot of ripples.   Our Lord brings sweet out of bitter, joy from sadness, good from a bad situation!  My verse today said--"Be still in My holy Light while I cleanse you from the wounds of disappointment".

 This week it was very warm.  This beautiful bird wanted to cool off in my bath, but first came the Blue birds and the little bird waited!



 Finally even the little Finches forced her to fly to her perch and wait!

and then a big Mockingbird.

At last, the biggest predator of all took a picture!  I frightened them all away while trying to control the moment by making a memory.  If I had just sat quietly waiting, finally my beautiful bird would have gotten a turn in the cooling water, but no I was anxious and ruined it all!

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Oh course, if you know my Sister, you will know that she does not need any advice...she is the one who needs to ladle it out to others.

Sister--Helen said...

When something happens ww do not understand it is even more important than ever to stand firm and give praise God and know that he knows all things and he has a purpose for everything. Trust in the Lord with all youe heart and stregnth and might. Do not fall back into your pegan ways because your faith is not strong enough. Since we are Christians we must act like one and always give praise to God in all circumstances

Galla Creek said...

Yes!

Donna. W said...

My sister, past 90 years old now, lost her husband some fifteen or twenty years ago. She said for about a year she just couldn't help being sad all the time, and then one day she said to herself, "Nobody wants to be around someone who's sad all the time, and I'm even sick and tired of myself being sad!"

And she just made up her mind she wasn't going to be sad all the time any more and started working on her life to make that be true. Often, being happy is a decision.